Sunday

My Favorite Things ~ Villaware Waffle Iron




Almost every Saturday morning we either make french toast or waffles smothered in home made Real Vermont Maple Syrup compliments of my sisters and their families in Vermont. It was just french toast until I invested in a Villaware waffle iron. I have the reversible plate model that makes belgium waffles and heart shaped waffles. Now some may say a waffle iron is a waffle iron right? Oh no! This waffle iron makes perfect waffles right from the start. It chimes to let you know it is ready to put some batter in and chimes when the waffle is finished. But, not only does it chime at just the right time it is also very fast, much faster than the cheap model I had made waffles on in the past. It brings happiness to me when I make waffles and I think that alone was worth the investment! It is truly one of My Favorite Things. Try our Cinnamon Whole Wheat Waffle recipe. It’s quite tasty!
April

Cinnamon Whole Wheat Waffles
  • 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
  • 2 tbs sugar
  • 1 tbs baking powder
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 3/4 cup milk
  • ½ cooking oil or melted butter
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1tsp ground cinnamon
Mix all ingredients in large bowl. Pour about 1 cup batter in waffle iron. Follow direction on waffle iron for cooking time. Top with Real Vermont Maple syrup or topping of choice.

Tips:
Villaware Waffle Iron can be purchased locally at
~ Provo Riverwoods Mall Williams-Sonoma Or online~ Spoon ‘n Spice, Sandy Mall

1 comment:

Maria said...

We love weekend breakfast treats too! I will be trying these!