Tuesday

One Great Recipe ~ Peanut Butter Cookies















When I was young I use to visit Mrs Spears, the old widow who lived behind me. She taught me to make peanut butter cookies. We would sit and eat cookies & juice while playing cards and she would tell me stories about how she saw the first car that drove into Chicago and about her cup & saucer that was her mother’s that melted together in the Great Chicago Fire. They are memories I will treasure. Makes some cookies take them to an older neighbor. Maybe you will make some memories of your own. Enjoy eating & sharing!
April

  • ½ cup sugar
  • ½ cup brown sugar
  • ½ cup peanut butter
  • ½ cup butter (one stick)
  • 3/4 tsp baking soda
  • ½ tsp baking powder
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 1/4 cups flour

Pre-heat oven 350 degrees
Cream together butter peanut, butter, sugars, salt, baking soda, baking powder. Then mix in egg. Slowly mix in flour. Shape dough into balls & place on cookie sheet. Press cookies with fork making a crisscross pattern. Bake for 8-10 minutes.

No comments: