Wednesday

Books to Read * ME Mother Goose

{From Our Book Shelf * Mary Engelbreit's Mother Goose Rhymes}



Every child should have a book of Mother Goose Rhymes. When I was a young girl Mrs. Hall an older lady at our church who was like our Grandma gave our family a huge book of nursery rhymes. I remember sitting for hours reading it and trying to memorize them. I loved looking at the pictures and imagining myself in the little rhyme scenes. A couple of days ago my 12 yrld daughter was sitting in front of the children's bookshelf reading our copy of Mary Engelbreit's version of the one hundred best loved Mother Goose verses. I love the details she puts into the illustrations. It would be a wonderful baby shower, birthday or Christmas gift.

1 comment:

Karen Scoffield said...

I don't know the exact statistic, but they say if your child knows at least 6 nursery rhymes before they start kindergarden that they will be a top reader in their class! Kind of a fun benefit from the fun nursery rhymes we all love.
p.s. have I told you lately how much I love your blog!