Friday

Fun Free Fridays * A Bit of Paris 2 U & Paris Couture Antiques

{A Bit of Paris 2 U & Paris Couture Antiques}
















I happened to meet Alys owner of these two wonderful shops Paris Couture Antiques & A Bit of Paris 2U while I was in Cats Cradle in Provo. After seeing what she purchased I was intrigued so I went home to see her websites. I ohhed and ahhed over her treasures. Alys is one of those people, who lives life as it should be lived, a life filled with your passions. This week we are giving away the beautiful pair of vintage created earrings pictured above. I am, every week, truly in awe of the talent & inspiration that I find right here in our Sweet Valley.



{To Enter to Win Earrings from Paris Couture Antiques & A Bit of Paris 2U}



~ Send me an email with A Bit of Paris as the subject to sweetlifeinthevalley@gmail.com



~ Answer the question of the week: Tell me which piece of Jewerly is your favorite in Alyses Shops



~ Include your name & address-open to anyone is the U.S



~ You have until midnight Thursday February 28t to enter this giveaway.



~ Don't forget to refer someone & get an extra entry!!!



{NEW for Fun Free Fridays refer someone & get an extra entry! We want to spread the word about Sweet Life in the Valley Soooo if you refer someone to our giveaway & they enter you get an extra entry.1. send the names of the people you referred with your entry. 2.They enter you get an extra entry for each person who enters!}



{More about Alys and A Bit of Paris 2 U & Paris Couture Antiques}



"I started in the online boutique business in 1998 selling my Antique & Vintage Finds on ebay. I quickly had a following of clients that loved my style and would check with me regularly to see what new finds I would be offering for that weeks listings. I decided to open my online website A Bit of Paris 2 U so that I could bring more items to my clientele with a quicker way of purchasing the pieces without having to wait for an auction style listing to end. This was an immidiate hit and my clientele has grown to span world wide. I sale vintage & antiques with a touch of Shabby Chic in my A Bit of Paris 2 U site, which has been loved by all. As the years have passed I decided in early 2006 that it was time to offer my clients a more sophisticated upscale Parisian style look as well as that Shabby chic look I had been offering in the past. This was the reason for me launching the Paris Couture Antiques site. I felt there was a need in the market for this type of decor and I wasn't seeing anyone else offering anything like what I had in mind for this website. Again it was an instant hit with past and new clients, and is so much fun to manage and stock." Alys


What was your inspiration for your business?



It is always fun to change up our decorating, and being able to offer unique one of a kind finds, that are not generally found in Utah is my passion. I love decorating, and I love being able to offer these beauties to my clientele. Being able to be successful far beyond my wildest imagination, and having fun while doing it is my inspiration! I always wondered what I would be when I grew up when I was little, I never imagined I would be exactly what I wanted to be...and that was a shopper! My business is truly a fulfillment of a dream come true.



Tell us more about how your business works



My business is very different than your regular 8-5 job. Some weeks I work 80 hours and others it can be only 15. It is very flexible which is nice as I am a stay at home mom. You can always find me at an estate sale, scouring an antique market, or flying out of town to explore the hidden treasures of other states etc. I love finding very unique items, which keeps my sites fresh and fun for my clientele. I manage my website, including graphics and photos, write descriptions, answer emails and keep up on daily maintenance. I also work directly with my shipping dept to make sure items are being directed to the correct client. I love my job and really don't look at it as such a 'job' to me it is more my passion and hobby. My clients are all so great to work with and it is always just a delight to see there homes once decorated with my treasures!



{Ashley A. is the winner of our $50 gift certificate to The Mommy Cover Congratulations! & thanks to ramdom.org for helping choose the winner!}

No comments: