Wednesday

My Favorite Finds * Vintage Pick-up Trucks 1950's & '60's

{ Heather Bailey in Home Companion Magazine}

Over the holiday weekend while at my Grandma's house I had a chance to catch up on my magazine reading. Both the April-May issue of Mary Engelbreit's Home Companion and the June issue of Country Living have photos of old pick-up trucks. It has been a long time thought in the back of my mind that I would like an old pick-up to haul around things-like the lawn chairs I bought today and had to rig-up in the trunk of the Toyota corolla with some kite string & prayers- and to use as a back drop for photos much like they did in these two magazines. I love the designs from the 1950's & '60's. These articles put that thought closer to the front of my mind and how much more affordable these lovely designed trucks seem to me now. I found a few for sale online. Only drawback would be gas mileage.

{ 1953 Chevrolet 3100 Pickup- I love this deep red color the shiny chrome & the white oak rails on this one }

{ 1966 red ford f-100 - don't you just love the steering wheels on old trucks!}

{ white 1965 Chevrolet C10 }

No comments: