Thursday

From Our Book Shelf * Seven Silly Eaters


When I found this cute book a few years ago I thought of my sister. The illustrations remind me so much of her house in Vermont in the Green Mountains with her seven children. I have a called her before and she's had a goat a chicken or other animal in the house in a pen nursing it to health. She has large gardens with her husband and puts up all sorts of things. Just today she made a big batch of strawberry rhubarb jam. She certainly lives a much different life than most of us. Marla Frazee illustrations remind me so much of her home with the wood stove children everywhere and animals too smiling all the while. Marla's illustrations take you into this sweet story of Seven Silly Eaters that end up surprising their loving mother. Your children will love the pictures and the wonderful writing of Mary Ann Hoberman.I have some fun posts for your from the sweet life in the Green Mountians. Have a great week!

1 comment:

mannequin said...

What a great find! I love that artwork, don't you?
classic.