Tuesday

My Favorite Finds * Vintage Sap Buckets

{ Photo by me}


One of my favorite finds while we were on vacation in the Vermont are these handmade vintage 1930's sap buckets. The buckets were used to collect sap from sugar maple trees to make pure Vermont maple syrup. I love containers of all kinds. Vintage sap buckets are a lovely new container to add to my collection. We are going to use one for a trash can in my boy's bedroom. They are also wonderful flower vase. The antique dealer told me someone came in and bought a few to hang on their fence posts as planters for some annual flowers. I also think a vintage sap bucket would make a nice umbrella holder. I would have bought 20 or so if I could have found a way to bring them all home on the airplane with me. Something very unexpected in most homes. A unique addition to any home decor. It is truly one of my favorite finds.








1 comment:

quitecontrary1977 said...

those look great!! the flowers look perfect in there...