Wednesday

Sweet Design * Transoms



I took my son to the Vintage Car show at Thanksgiving Point last weekend. While we were in the shops I saw these very nice very lovely iron transoms. For those of you who may not know what a transom is it is the small window above a doorway often found in old homes. It is to allow ventilation in the home. The pre-air conditioning way to cool & heat your home. Very great green idea for the modern home to cut down on energy use. I have always wanted transoms in my home. When I build my dream house I will include transoms above the doors. I am seriously considering some iron transoms like the ones at the Thanksgiving Point shops. They are a nice design detail. Sorry about the photos they were taken on my camera phone but I had to show them to you all.

No comments: