Friday

My Favorite Things * Vintage Ornaments & Christmas Trees

{click to enlarge}

I have always loved the vintage glass ornaments on my Grandma Bohman's Christmas tree. When I had a family of my own I started collecting German & American made glass ornaments. I bought those cute feathery mittens a few years ago. The yellow honey combed piece was from a local antique shop~ my treat from last year. I got two whole boxes of those wonderful pink & red striped balls a while ago at thrift shop. They are one of my favorite finds. The glittery heart details on the red & green ornament adds a little love to our tree. My tree is full of my glass Christmas treasures. Yes I have a real tree. I love a real tree. The day after Thanksgiving my son when up on the mountain on our family's homestead and picked out the very prettiest pine. Our family has picked their Christmas trees from our land since the 1800's. My Grandfather took his children just as he and his brothers all did every year the day after Thanksgiving. There is something that warms the heart in a tradition that has been passed on for generations. It make the Christmas season all that more merry.
Merry Christmas,