Wednesday

One Great Recipe * Lemon Lime Bars

{Photo & Styling by me ~ Sweet Life Photography}

As my long time readers have noticed I love most things lemon and lime. With spring just around the corner with hopes of fresh green grass and tiny leaf buds in our hearts a lemon lime bar will re-freshen the soul. This recipe is a refined combination of some of the recipes my grandma, mom and I have used over the years. Enjoy!




Lemon Lime Bars
  • 2 cups cake flour (key to a flaky crust)
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/4 tsp sea salt
  • 3/4 cup of butter
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 3 tbs flour
  • zest of 1 lg lemon & 1 lg lime
  • juice of one lg lemon & 1 lg lime
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream

In large mixing bowl combine cake flour, salt, powder sugar. With pastry blender or fork mix in butter. Press into a 9x13 pan and bake for 15- 20 minutes at 350 degrees until golden brown. While crust is cooking in medium bowl lightly beat eggs then add sugar, lemon & lime juice, lemon & lime zest, heavy cream and 3 tablespoons of flour. Whisk together. Pour over hot crust when crust is finished. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees until the middle is set-up. Sift powdered sugar over the top. Makes about 24 bars.

14 comments:

Maria said...

I am SO making these. We are lime and lemon fanatics!

sweetmama.heather said...

I cannot wait to make these! Thank you so much for the great idea.

Vanessa said...

Oh please make me some. My hubby doesn't like citrus & dessert so I miss out on these bc I don't want to end up eating all of them :(

vanessa from inevergrewup.net

Rachel Hagen said...

YUM! That's all I've got to say.

AzĂșcar said...

I have been crrraaaving these. They just say spring, don't they?

islandgirl said...

These look so good, now just to get those last 2 ingredients!

this week for dinner - jane maynard said...

I'm a chocolate girl, but I do love a good lemon bar...and these look amazing! can't wait to try them...great picture, too. :)

diclarkjapan said...

Sounds great--can't wait to try these!

honeysuckle said...

If this helps spring come into our valley I will make these too. Thanksfor the recipe I can almost taste their fresh flavor!

It's A Wonderful said...

Oh my, I am soooo going to make these! They look divine!

Katie Cook Oborn said...

I didn't notice the temperature to bake them at... please specify.

april~living the sweet life said...

Katie- I added the temps. Thanks for letting me know.
April

Alys said...

April,
I cant wait to make these! My favorite thing is Lemons! thank you for sharing, Alys

mhdantholz said...

Lemon Lime Bars

>>MARRY ME