Tuesday

From Our Bookshelf * Boxcar Children




One of my favorite book series to read as a family is The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner. It is based on the adventures of the Alden children Henry, Jessie, Violet and Benny. Fun for younger children as well as older children. I remember my mom reading The Boxcar Children to us when I was young and having her finish it one afternoon. We are on book #3 The Yellow House Mystery. There are 19 books in the original series that were written in the 1940's & 50's. It's a perfect rainy summer day read with your children.




3 comments:

Sell...Party Of 3 said...

Loved this series when I was growin up, and had forgotten all about it...until you posted this. I am going to go and buy them to read again!

Sarah said...

I LOVE those books. Great pick!

Amber! said...

I love this series and am super excited that Grayson is almost old enough to begin reading it!