Monday

My Favorite Things * Cabot Clothbound Cheddar Wheel




As I walked into the local Harmon's Grocery I was pleasantly surprised to see this luxurious treat right here in Utah. They were sampling Cabot's clothbound cheddar. I lived in Vermont for a few years so I know that Cabot's cheeses are wonderful but I have never tried their cave aged cloth bound cheddar. I am in heaven. It is aged in cloth for 10-12 months to create a rich strong cheddar that is meant to be savored. They are produced in 35 pound clothbound wheels in Vermont. It is then cut into wedges. Once you taste it you will not be surprised to learn that is was the Gold medal winner at the World Cheese awards in London. It has a rich nutty caramel flavor. I eat it bit by bit as a special treat. It is also great paired with fruits.

3 comments:

Cafe Johnsonia said...

You are THE BEST! We have been looking everywhere for Cabot cheese. It's one of our favorite companies. I'm going to Harmon's today. Thanks!

Scrappycook said...

We can actually get a variety of Cabot cheeses (WHITE, like they should be) at Sam's Club!

Toni said...

I love a good aged cheddar and love cabot cheeses will have to look for this one.