Tuesday

Sweet Music * Alexis Munoa

{Photos by Nicole Carman}

Did you make it to the Bijou Market? While I was there I couldn't help but fall in love with Alexis Munoa's voice. I am a huge jazz fan. Her rich smooth voice was enchanting. I asked her a few questions about her music and her is what she had to say.

Who are your inspirations?


Growing up my dad was a huge influence on me. He is very musical and I think he gave me that love for art in general. He is the one who introduced me to Billie Holiday. She is the reason I started to love jazz.

What inspired you to start singing and how long have you been singing?

I have been singing since I was 3. I'm an early riser and one day my mom found me on the patio singing a song to the sun. She wrote the words down. I should find them and give them a new tune! Singing can connect people and that is what I love about it. Words and music together are very powerful.
What is your favorite song to sing?

" I Love You for Sentimental Reasons" by William Best and Deek Watson I heard it first by Nat "King" Cole when I was 13. I promised myself that only my future husband would get to have that song. Last August we danced to it at our wedding.

Listen to more of Alexis' music and to purchase her CD click here: Alex Munoa at CD Baby



video



1 comment:

diclarkjapan said...

I'm a big jazz fan, too--so thanks so much for the intro to Alexis and her beautiful voice! I went and bought her entire album from itunes--something I rarely do these days!