Tuesday

Sweet Crafty Creations * Glass Marble Magnets


Could your fridge use some fun new magnets? Glass marble magnets have been around for a while, but did you know how quick, easy and inexpensive they are to make yourself? In minutes you could have magnets that are personalized to reflect your style, and they're fun to make! They also make great gifts for family and friends. You can use your favorite scrapbook paper, photos {if you re-size them on the computer}, magazine clippings, or even your own drawings to customize them how ever you'd like. Be creative! Here's how to make them...

Glass Marble Magnets Tutorial



Supplies:


l. hot glue gun
2. scissors
3. pencil
4. magnets
5. paper
6. Mod Podge and paintbrush
7. flat glass marbles {usually found in the floral or wedding section of the craft stores}




1. Pick the spot you want to cut out and trace around your marble, then cut it out.
Cut just inside the line to make sure your paper doesn't go over the edge of your marble.





2. Paint a fairly thin layer of Mod Podge on the back of
your marble. Then press the marble, glued side down, on
top your paper. It's normal for it to look cloudy at first.
It will go clear soon.





3. After a minute or so the Mod Podge should be dry
and you can hot glue the magnet on the back of your paper.



Volia! Beautiful magnets in minutes!

From Laura {Sweet Life contributor}


5 comments:

Sarah said...

I have actually wanted to make these for a while... but didn't really know how. Thanks for the tutorial! Now I will make them

Rebecca said...

One of my piano students made me some of these with sheet music. Very cute!

Mod Podge Amy said...

LOVE! I need to post this on my blog. . . come see me!

Lauren @ SuperMom Central said...

So cute! I love the paper you used!

I actually made one of these last week, glued a bale to it and strung it on organza ribbon as a necklace. There are so many ways to get creative with this craft!

CherieZ said...

Good Morning...Couldyou please let me know what store you purchased your large flat marbles at? I'm having a hard finding them..Thanks bunches