Tuesday

Sweet Holidays * It's Autumn Time!

Fall is here! I really enjoy the changing of seasons. When I was a little girl growing up in the Chicago suburbs the fall air was cool and smelled like burning leaves. Everyone would rake their leaves into piles by the side of the road and burn them. One of my greatest pleasures was walking home from school and crunching the big piles of the brown super crispy leaves with my feet. A few things I love about fall...

-harvesting herbs from my garden and knowing I will use them in my Thanksgiving Dinner
-Thanksgiving!
-gathering pumpkins to line our front walk
-gathering seeds, pine cones and leaves with my kids for fall art projects
-harvest foods such as corn chowder, winter squashes, apple pie, pumpkin pie and beef stew
-crisp cool Autumn air
-woolly blankets
-sweaters, I have always loved sweaters
-caramel apples
-fresh apple cider
-crunching fall leaves

What are your favorite things about fall?

3 comments:

Homespun Emily said...

I love going up the canyon with the family for our annual fall pictures. It's casual, and we spend lots of time playing in the leaves and admiring the colors.

Rob Caldwell said...

I've missed football for the last while. That and the leaves changing colors in the mountains are some of my favorites!

Pamela said...

I love that sunflower. It is beautiful. Happy Fall.