Friday

One Great Recipe * Holiday Go To Treats


 
Do you have your set of holiday "go-to" treats that you know will always turn out and that people will rave over? These are the treats I make for out of town guests, to take to holiday parties and to pass out as neighbor gifts.

Martha Stewart's Mint Chocolate Brownies will not disappoint. Oh my, how we love these brownies! For family members that don't enjoy mint, I layer peanut butter cups in between.  Really, what could be better than that?

I started making these Oreo Truffles a few years ago after my aunt brought a plate to our home for the holidays. I quickly called her up for the recipe and could not believe how simple it was! Just a package of Oreos, block of cream cheese and bag of chocolate chips. It's super simple and a very impressive gift.

I love everything The Pioneer Woman dishes out, but my favorite recipe of hers is her Cinnamon Roll recipe. I have tried for years and years to top my mother in law's cinnamon roll recipe and I finally did it! These are a must for Christmas morning with your family.

But most of all, far and beyond any of these other treats, the magic treat in our home that we all wait for is Congo Bars! There are many variations out there of this chocolate chip bar goodness, but here is the one we follow- Congo Bars.

by Vanessa {Sweet Life Contributor-click here to learn more about Vanessa}

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Oreo Truffles are always a crowd pleaser! Thanks for sharing the other great ideas, too -- I'm in full-on holiday baking mode.