Thursday

Home Sweet Home * Dream Home Features* Laundry Room

{Another beautiful design by Lisa Adams of LA Closet Design}

Years ago when I was a nanny I lived in a house that had an amazing laundry room. It was right off the kitchen. It was as big as the kitchen and was filled with wonderful custom cabinets, a folding table, large windows, a door that went out to the side of the house and a back staircase. Ever since then I knew I wanted a great laundry room. The laundry room Lisa Adams designed above has many of my dream laundry room elements included.
The must haves in my dream laundry room are:
- a large folding table{something very sturdy that can also be used to cut fabric}
-two front load washers and dryers at chest/waist height for easy loading{double up on your laundry to save time}
-a deep wash sink {for all the soaking, rising out and muddy kids}
-lots of storage and shelves {I want mine to be a craft/sewing/laundry room multi-purpose room}
-a long wall of desk area for my sewing machine, paper cutter and other large creating supplies
-a long wall of windows to go with the long wall of desk {so I have a nice view of the dream back yard}
-a back stair case {to carry the laundry right from the laundry room up to the bedrooms}
-good lighting {noticed the lighting the room pictured above}
-closet shelves for all my extra blankets and linens
-boot dryers {for the kids boots in wet and snowy winter weather}
-a European ironing board with a Rowenta iron and steamer

What would you include in your dream laundry room?



No comments: