Saturday

National Food Bloggers Bake Sale 2010 Utah

This just in from one of my favorite Utah bloggers Becky at Utah Loves Cupcakes...

"What’s better than reading a blog that has lots of yummy recipes and lots of pictures of tempting treats? Well eating them of course!
And what’s even better than that? Supporting a great cause at a bake sale that sells these yummy treats.  …a Food Blogger’s Bake Sale!
I am participating in the first ever National Food Bloggers Bake Sale, which is part of the Great American Bake Sale. We are raising money for Share Our Strength SOS, a national organization fighting to end childhood hunger in the United States.
Food bloggers from across the country will unite to support the cause by holding bake sales in their states. Readers will have the opportunity to taste the baked goods from their favorite food blogs at each state’s bake sale location.
Utah is going to have TWO bake sales, one in Salt Lake City and one in Orem. I am organizing the Utah County location and Maria from Two Peas and Their Pod is organizing the Salt Lake City location. Maria and I are are super excited to work together on such a wonderful project! If you live in Utah, we hope you will  come out and help us raise money for SOS.


Here are the deets:

Saturday, April 17th, from 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.  

Salt Lake City location-at Dan’s Market 1360 S Foothill Blvd

Utah County/Orem location- at Shirley J 15 East 400 South

Thanks to Dan’s and Shirley J for hosting our bake sales. We really appreciate your support!
**If you are a Utah food blogger and would like to help, please email at: utahlovescupcakes@gmail.com

**If you would like to get involved in your state, click here to find out who to contact. **



If you live in Utah, mark your calendars! We hope to see you on April 17th! Come and taste some of your favorite food bloggers delicious treats! Seriously…this is a read idea!

So get ready from a cupcake from yours truly. I’ve been working on what I call “The Utah Cupcake.” I’m using all local ingredients and trying to get the recipe just right. I’m finding out I’m much better at visiting cupcake bakeries and eating cupcakes than I am at baking them! I’m also hoping to get our cupcake bakeries involved in some different ways, but I’ll announce that later."
Becky~ Utah Loves Cupcakes

Which Sweet Life "One Great Recipe" would you like to try? I will be making up some goodies and will see you all there!
April~ Living The Sweet Life

No comments: