Tuesday

One Great Recipe * Cookies and Cream Truffles

By Sweet Life Contributor Ashley Porter

Cookies and Cream Truffles

This is a recipe that you may have seen before. I was introduced to this delightful treat by my lovely neighbor Brandy when I moved into her apartment complex as a newlywed. Since then I have seen a few variations of the name, but the ingredients remain the same. These "truffles",as I call them, are fast and easy to make. It's a nice treat to share with your neighbor.

Ingredients

- 1 package of Oreo cookies (regular or double stuffed)
- 1 8 oz package of cream cheese
- 1 12 oz package of white chocolate chips

Set the cream cheese out to soften to room temperature (do not try to soften in the microwave). Break up your cookies into a food processor and pulse until the cookies are the consistency of sand. With the help of a stand mixer combine the cream cheese and cookie crumbs and mix well. Refridgerate the mixture for thirty minutes. Roll the mixture into one inch balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment or wax paper. Freeze the balls for 1 hour (you want these to be very firm so they will stand up to the heat of the melted chocolate). Melt your white chocolate using the double-boiler method or by following the microwave directions on the back of the package. When the chocolate is completely melted gently dip each ball in the chocolate until they are entirely covered. Then place them back on the baking sheet for the chocolate to cool and harden. They can be served as soon as the chocolate hardens, but they have a better consistency when they are chilled. Store in an air-tight container in the refridgerator.

Mint Variation:

For a fun mint variation, use the mint flavored Oreo cookies instead of the regular or double stuffed varieties. You can cover them in the white chocolate, or melted mint chips.

2 comments:

Kristina P. said...

This is honestly one of my favorite recipes. I have made them for showers, potlucks, I Hate Mario Lopez parties, you name it.

But no white chocolate for me. I go milk chocolate, all the way.

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

My husband will love these!