The weather here in The Valley has been a bit cooler and rainier than normal. I came up with this fun summertime drink inspired homemade playdough (play-doh). It starts with a simple salt dough recipe and adds Root Beer, Vanilla and Lemon extracts for Root Beer, Cream Soda & Lemonade Playdough. Your kids of all ages are going to love it! It smells so good and it's fun to play with too. It is also a great easy to make yourself homemade summer party favor.
Simple Salt Playdough Recipe
- 1 cup white flour
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons oil (vegtable)
- 2 tablespoons of cream of tartar
- 2-3 teaspoons of Root Beer, Vanilla or Lemon extact
- food coloring if desired (note I didn't use coloring for either the Root Beer or Cream Soda play-doughs)
Turn out of pan onto wax paper. Let cool then form into balls. Makes about 4 fist sized balls.
Do you have a favorite rainy day activity for kids? or a great play-dough recipe?
- For a party tie a cute vintage soda pop inspired tag on each play dough ball labeling it Root Beer, Cream Soda & Lemonade.
- Try other yummy flavor extracts like peppermint, coconut, pineapple, strawberry, banana, etc... They can easily be found near the cake decorating items at most grocery stores.