Friday

Sweet Home * Green Kitchen Table Make-Over



I have been thinking about re-finishing my kitchen table for a while now-a couple of years. I couldn't decide what to do. Should I tile it? Stain it? I decided to paint it. Plain old white wouldn't do. I chose this amazing green apple/ lime color. I love it! My kitchen is very basic white, wood and chrome. I wanted the color to come from the fruits in the baskets, the dishes, the plants, the rugs etc. It is the perfect setting for a beautiful bright green table.
The color inspiration come from my favorite apron. It's the one on the table above. Every time I wear the apron it makes me happy. This new table color makes me happy too. When the table is set the green frames the settings and food like a beautiful picture frame. It becomes the accent each place setting.


I started by stripping off the stain with a natural orange paint stripper.
Then I painted a layer of stain sealer/ primer on it.
Next, I choose my lovely shade of green.
I did have the paint store create a custom color just for me. A high gloss paint is best for a table top. I used acrylic paint. I painted three layers sanding lightly between each layer. The very last step was a wood stain to antique it and to bring out the scratches dents and dings. All those marks are from the past 12 years of raising kids and I wanted to accent those wonderful years on our family table.




6 comments:

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

It looks great! Such a fun color.

Steffani said...

I love this color! I was actually planning on painting my table top apple green, the legs white and the chairs white, but I really like how you left the legs the natural color! AND I really wish that paint color had a name! ;)

Kara@ Creations by Kara said...

I found you over at TCB, and I'm so glad I did. Love your blog! This table is gorgeous!

Sandra said...

Love the color and how it POPS! There's something about natural wood that speaks to my heart and then I see a painted table and my eyes whisper to my heart...coward.

Kim -today's creative blog said...

I featured you today on Today's Creative Blog! Email me for your featured button!
krjdemmon@comcast.net

TidyMom said...

What fun!!! I LOVE the color!!
Thanks for linking up!!