Tuesday

Lifestyle * How to Make All Natural Foot Balm


After weeks of wearing sandals feet start to get dry. Here is an all natural foot balm you can make at home. It's very simple. Since school is starting why not make some for all of your kids teachers as a back to school gift. The peppermint will refresh and the lavender will relax after a long day of teaching. It also makes a great hostess gift.

You will need:


In a glass measuring cup add 1 cup of organic coconut oil. I used Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin coconut oil. Melt in microwave checking and stirring every 10 seconds. It will take no more than 25 seconds to melt completely. Add 10-15 drops of both peppermint and lavender pure essential oils. Stir in oils. Pour into glass container. Cool in refrigerator. Your all natural peppermint and lavender foot balm is now ready. 



For labels print our Sweet Life Labels like the ones pictured. 
Click here for printable labels- Foot Balm Labels
Cut out your labels. I use a paper cutter to get nice straight cuts. 
Using a decorative paper edge punch cut side edges of bottom label. I used my wonderful Martha Stewart Loops Edge Punch I received from Martha and her staff at the Martha Stewart Bloggers Party while I was in New York City. I really love these punches because you can line up your edge pattern and get it perfect edge every time.
Glue your labels to the glass jar as shown. 
Tie a coordinating ribbon around the top of the jar. You are now ready to give some of these as gift or keep one for your self. 
Bonus: The coconut oil in your refreshing foot balm is a natural anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and antimicrobial which will keep your feet healthy as well as moisturized and soothed. Enjoy!




coconut oil provided by Tropical Traditions. I only write about products I love. Do you have something you think I would love email me at sweetlifeinthevalley @ gmail

2 comments:

Leah said...

I so want to make this! This looks heavenly!

Luvs!

Kimberly said...

I need this! perfect!