Tuesday

Upper Cervical Chiropractic of Utah * Local


{Our new Favorite in The Valley}

Do you know what Upper Cervical Chiropractic is? Have you ever been to a chiropractor? I have seen a chiropractor off and on for years, sometimes 2 times a week for months.

When I had my twins and I nursed both of them my back started to twist and go out of place holding and lifting the twins all day long. That was 16 years ago. The problem is my back was out pretty much daily. I could have seen a chiropractor daily. I wish I had one to visit me every evening. Reality is that it is way too expensive to see a chiropractor everyday plus who has time for it?

I also have some health issues surrounding my good 'ol hormones like a lot of the women I know including my thyroid. I started doing some research on hormones, health, healing wellness and repairing my body not just medicating it.
I came across a different type of Chiropractic and I never experienced- Upper Cervical Chiropractic. My aunt once told me about how you can see a Chiropractor and all they do is gently press on your upper neck.
YES, I was skeptical since I knew what it took to get my back, neck and hips back into place. BUT when I came across Upper Cervical Chiropractic again in my searches I look it all over a bit closer. Much to my surprise it's kinda GREAT!

First, Dr.Ashleigh Stockwell takes ex-rays of our neck and head to see what is happening to the upper disks of your spine. She uses these images to measure and determine how to adjust your upper vertebrae of your spine so your whole body can align itself.

This is what we found.... along with my head and neck twisted to the side and to the right a bit. Plus a scary thing- some degeneration in my vertebrae in my neck! I am way to young for such things!
Second, she weighs you to see how balanced you are carrying your weight on each side of your body.
Third, she measures your legs to see which side of the body is higher.
Fourth, she has you lay on your side with your head resting on a head rest. She softly presses down on our head/neck just near your ear. She adjust the head rest as she is adjusting your upper cervical disks of the spine to the correct placement. She will also have you get up a walk to allow your body to align it's self and then tweeks the upper cervical disks again to get it just right.

My first reaction was surprise because it was so gentle. No twisting and popping and cracking of the back. In fact you won't hear anything. At first I wondering if anything was happening. Then as I walked down the hall I could feel my body falling into place. I also noticed my body was staying aligned for 2-3 days at a time not just till a few hours like I experienced with other chiropractic techniques.

I am going on my 3rd treatment and I am feeling a lot better. One thing I noticed is that after my first adjustment I lost 5 lbs in water weight. I could also breath better. I have heard some amazing things come from Upper Cervical Chiropractic from family and friends. I will keep you updated with how it is going for me and my kids. We are all visiting Dr. Ashleigh Stockwell.


Dr. Ashleigh Stockwell
801-224-1121
309 N. State St.
Orem, Ut 84057
Facebook


Here is a little video that explains it all a bit.




No comments: