Monday

One of My Favorite Blogs * Sweet Paul

{ From Paul's My Favorite Cakes post photo by steve giralt}

-NEW in 2009 I will be featuring one of My Favorite Blogs each month-
January 2009:


I found Sweet Paul a couple of months ago. It is one of my newer finds are as far as favorite blogs go but it quickly went to the top of my list. Over the Christmas holidays I sat looking through all of Paul's' past posts. I found my self continually inspired as I read post after post. Paul creates lovely arrangements for magazines and books. He has one of my dream jobs. His style is classic and seductive. Doesn't the chocolate below just beckon you in to take a bite! Every arrangement is alluring and inviting.
Paul's Bio on his blog reads:
" Paul Lowe- Hi Im a 41 year old food and interior stylist who packed his Louis and moved from Oslo to New York to love and live. Love my work who is a mixture of craft, food and interiors and have been working with some great photographers here and for some FAB magazines. You can se more of my work at my agents website www.artwingny.com"

{From Paul's My addiction! post photo by Colin Cooke}


I had the chance to ask Paul a few questions just for you so you can get to know him a bit better.

When did you discover you wanted to be a food and interior stylist?

Ever since I was a kid the interest in food and interiors was there.My grandmother was a great cook and my mom has always been a very good decorator, mixing vintage and modern long before it was in style.My classmates always wanted to come home with me to sample my gran's cookies and se our house.So I guess it was no suprise for anyone that I wanted to do something creative.I started out as a florist but a photographer friend lured me away to styling and I have been a stylist even since, 17 years now.



Who or what are your inspirations?

Fashion.I always look to fashion to be inspired.Colors, mix, forms.Its a constant inspiration.
What has been your most favorite job and why?My favorite jobs are the ones where I do everything myself.Come up with the idea, find the props, styling and food styling.Its really cool to be able to see an idea come to life in a studio.


Tell us your wildest dream {now dream big} something you would love to do have or be etc. :
If I had the time and money I would start a bakery.It would be the most amazing bakery ever with artisan breads, cakes and cookies.It would be like entering a gallery of baked art.Oh well, maybe one day!


Check out Paul's blog I am sure you will love it as much as I do. It will fill your mind with beautiful ideas and images.





3 comments:

Cafe Johnsonia said...

Holy cow. I'm smitten with it. Thanks for the heads up on a great blog.

pinkstilettos said...

Hey- i just came across your blog and wanted to let you know how much I like it. It's great! So much inspiration. Daisy~

Marie {Make and Takes} said...

Thanks for the introduction to Sweet Paul. I love beautiful food!